Chapter III: Into The Troubled Lands
0 Comments »
Many years ago, there existed an alliance between men from different factions. They fought against the dark army and managed to engage the dark lord himself in The Deadlands. A fierce battle broke out there. Having superior numbers, the men thought they could qualsh the dark forces easily. Alas, the dark lord has a special ability. He was able to spread his dark influence by taking over and controlling the souls of men and bring them under his control. The battle soon turned tides. Of the 22 faction leaders who took part in the battle, all have been influenced and used to turn against their very own kin, except for one, for he has a pure heart and an untainted soul. With unwavering determination, he fought the dark lord till his very last breathe. His name was LightBringer. At his dying moments, LightBringer thrust his sword into the devil's temple, sealing him in the Deadlands for many years.
But Man hasn't learn their lesson. Those who survived the battle witnessed the power of the sword and wanted to gain possession of the sword, to wield its power for their own selfish gains. The sword was removed from the Deadlands which sealed the dark lord within it. Man are greedy, selfish, and self-centered. They were unable to control the power of the sword for only the people with the purest of hearts can gain its power.
One by one, those who gained possession of the sword passed away, their evil hearts and souls crushed under the light of the sword. The sword was deemed to have been cursed. After some time, the sword was forgotten, no one dared to seek its power anymore.
While men fought for the sword's possession, the dark lord began its resurrection. He began to take in dark energy emitted from Mans' evil hearts, filled with fear and distrust. It began to gain power and strength, enough for him to make a comeback and to take revenge on those who have sealed him for so long in the forsaken lands. Diantre mustered his forces and together with his ability, factions fell quickly and world dominance is at hand.
"Where is this sword then?" Stone said, now seating in the halls of the Master Thande.
"It seems to be our only chance of defeating Diantre and sealing him away for good."
"But the sword may claim your life!"
"I must try, I must look for the sword. It gives me the power to destroy Diantre and to revenge my parents."
Thande nodded his head.
"I'm also unaware if its current location, Stone."
"You'll have to look for it yourself."
Thande thought for a while.
"You might get more information of the sword from a man named Ragen. But, be mindful of him, for he seems a bit eccentric."
"Tell me more about him."
"He is a ranger, he travels around the world and he may have some information about the sword. His whereabouts are not fixed and it would be rather difficult to seek him out."
"Go, go to The Moor in the city of Oscillith just across the sea. If you want to find him, that's where you'll most likely find him."
"Os... Oscillith? But, I heard the place has already been overrun. The guards wouldn't let me into the city."
"Yes it is. But, there is an alternative route into the city. You will have to sail across the sea, down the river of Morden which leads into the city."
"Along the river, you will see an entrance to the underground labyrinth which links the river and the city."
"It would be the least guarded. For they would not have thought someone from our city would try to get inside."
"What is, The Moor?"
"Its a tavern, a place where information is exchanged, the last safe haven in Oscillith."
"How do you know all these?" Stone asked.
"My best friend, Rivendoor, was the faction leader, he was killed in a recent attack."
"I'm sorry."
Thande took out a map printed on animal hide.
"Take this, it might help you along the way."
"It's a map of the underground labyrinth. you'll get lost without this."
"Beware of the monster that resides underneath these tunnels. But, you are fast and agile, I trust you can avoid being detected."
Thande said as he pointed to the spot marked with a red 'X' on the map.
"There are many exits, but only one brings you into Oscillith. You must go through Thorin's Gate."
.jpg)
"After finding Ragen, the rest will be up to you. I can only help you this far."
"Thank you Sir." Stone folded the map and kept it into his vest.
"Promise me you'll come back safe. Be rest assured that I'll construct a better tombstone for your parents. It's the very least that I can do."
Stone bowed.
"I wish you good luck and Godspeed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stone lingered at his house for a while, contemplating the future that is set before him, touching and caressing the things in his house that was all so nice and comforting. He knew, all these, would be no more the moment he stepped out of the city. How long would this journey take? He thought to himself. Suddenly, Stone felt that the heavy responsible of slaying Diantre and avenging his parents bestowed upon him was too much too take. He felt dizzy.
Stone made his way outside, before his parents' grave.
At this moment, the pendant hanging on Stone's chest emitted a soothing white light. An image of his mother appeared before him.
She seems to be speaking.
"My son, are you alright?"
"Mum, I afraid I might die."
"Stone, destiny has chosen you for this task, you have to do it, for me, for LeonCita, and for the world."
"Remember, try your hardest and your best before your destiny is revealed before you."
"Be brave."
"Remember. I'll be here as long as you have this pendant."
The figure disappeared.
Stone's mind was very much clear now. He was even more determined to accomplish the mission.
Duskfall.
Stone strapped on his swords which saved him on several occasions. He made his way to the harbour, singing a son on his way.
'Hail Oscillith here I come,
from the little known city LeonCita.
Down the river of Morden,
in search of the ranger Ragen.
Whatever evil that crosses my path,
I will engage them in a bloodbath.
To seek revenge for my beloved ones,
with my trusted swords by my side.
Oscillith, here I come.'
But Man hasn't learn their lesson. Those who survived the battle witnessed the power of the sword and wanted to gain possession of the sword, to wield its power for their own selfish gains. The sword was removed from the Deadlands which sealed the dark lord within it. Man are greedy, selfish, and self-centered. They were unable to control the power of the sword for only the people with the purest of hearts can gain its power.
One by one, those who gained possession of the sword passed away, their evil hearts and souls crushed under the light of the sword. The sword was deemed to have been cursed. After some time, the sword was forgotten, no one dared to seek its power anymore.
While men fought for the sword's possession, the dark lord began its resurrection. He began to take in dark energy emitted from Mans' evil hearts, filled with fear and distrust. It began to gain power and strength, enough for him to make a comeback and to take revenge on those who have sealed him for so long in the forsaken lands. Diantre mustered his forces and together with his ability, factions fell quickly and world dominance is at hand.
"Where is this sword then?" Stone said, now seating in the halls of the Master Thande.
"It seems to be our only chance of defeating Diantre and sealing him away for good."
"But the sword may claim your life!"
"I must try, I must look for the sword. It gives me the power to destroy Diantre and to revenge my parents."
Thande nodded his head.
"I'm also unaware if its current location, Stone."
"You'll have to look for it yourself."
Thande thought for a while.
"You might get more information of the sword from a man named Ragen. But, be mindful of him, for he seems a bit eccentric."
"Tell me more about him."
"He is a ranger, he travels around the world and he may have some information about the sword. His whereabouts are not fixed and it would be rather difficult to seek him out."
"Go, go to The Moor in the city of Oscillith just across the sea. If you want to find him, that's where you'll most likely find him."
"Os... Oscillith? But, I heard the place has already been overrun. The guards wouldn't let me into the city."
"Yes it is. But, there is an alternative route into the city. You will have to sail across the sea, down the river of Morden which leads into the city."
"Along the river, you will see an entrance to the underground labyrinth which links the river and the city."
"It would be the least guarded. For they would not have thought someone from our city would try to get inside."
"What is, The Moor?"
"Its a tavern, a place where information is exchanged, the last safe haven in Oscillith."
"How do you know all these?" Stone asked.
"My best friend, Rivendoor, was the faction leader, he was killed in a recent attack."
"I'm sorry."
Thande took out a map printed on animal hide.
"Take this, it might help you along the way."
"It's a map of the underground labyrinth. you'll get lost without this."
"Beware of the monster that resides underneath these tunnels. But, you are fast and agile, I trust you can avoid being detected."
Thande said as he pointed to the spot marked with a red 'X' on the map.
"There are many exits, but only one brings you into Oscillith. You must go through Thorin's Gate."
.jpg)
"After finding Ragen, the rest will be up to you. I can only help you this far."
"Thank you Sir." Stone folded the map and kept it into his vest.
"Promise me you'll come back safe. Be rest assured that I'll construct a better tombstone for your parents. It's the very least that I can do."
Stone bowed.
"I wish you good luck and Godspeed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stone lingered at his house for a while, contemplating the future that is set before him, touching and caressing the things in his house that was all so nice and comforting. He knew, all these, would be no more the moment he stepped out of the city. How long would this journey take? He thought to himself. Suddenly, Stone felt that the heavy responsible of slaying Diantre and avenging his parents bestowed upon him was too much too take. He felt dizzy.
Stone made his way outside, before his parents' grave.
At this moment, the pendant hanging on Stone's chest emitted a soothing white light. An image of his mother appeared before him.
She seems to be speaking.
"My son, are you alright?"
"Mum, I afraid I might die."
"Stone, destiny has chosen you for this task, you have to do it, for me, for LeonCita, and for the world."
"Remember, try your hardest and your best before your destiny is revealed before you."
"Be brave."
"Remember. I'll be here as long as you have this pendant."
The figure disappeared.
Stone's mind was very much clear now. He was even more determined to accomplish the mission.
Duskfall.
Stone strapped on his swords which saved him on several occasions. He made his way to the harbour, singing a son on his way.
'Hail Oscillith here I come,
from the little known city LeonCita.
Down the river of Morden,
in search of the ranger Ragen.
Whatever evil that crosses my path,
I will engage them in a bloodbath.
To seek revenge for my beloved ones,
with my trusted swords by my side.
Oscillith, here I come.'